Seven months ago my husband and I welcomed our second son into the world. It was an easy yet complicated birth. For a scary few minutes he wasn't breathing right and we were scared we'd have to say Goodbye before we even got to say Hello.
Our little one fought to stay with us and I am grateful for that every single day. He is a grumpy fellow and fills me with joy.
That being said. In the last 7 months I have had more infections than I have had over the last 7 years. If it isn't a breast infection, then I have a skin infection from my pump not getting cleaned right, and if it isn't that then it is Strep.
I hate breast infections and this latest one is stupid bad. Over half my breast is hard and there are a few areas that are red and more sore where I assume milk is clogged up under my skin. My nipple hurts. My breast is swollen and engorged because I can't get the milk to come out. And I just want to sleep.
It is researched that breastfeeding, among doing miracle thing for babies, can also reduce your chance at getting breast cancer or ovarian cancer. Yet, unchecked infections of the breast can lead to breast cancer (according to the fear inducing descriptions of WebMD). I find this highly contradictory and it makes me grumpy. The same thing that can lower my chances of certain cancers can, on the flip side, cause it. Boobs are dumb. Breastfeeding works like a miracle and yet makes you want to chop off your tits because your nipples are chapped and bleeding, your boobs change sizes as they fill and empty of milk making no bra fit right, then you get the infections, and lastly... Teething.
My 7 month old is teething. So on top of my nipples hurting from the infection, my infant is gnawing on them Mike a chew toy when he can't sleep at night from the discomfort. Four teeth. He is slowing cutting 4 teeth all at once and all on the bottom.
Can we just agree to stop lying to Mom's about the beauty of breastfeeding when so much if it sucks?
Rant done.
Comments
Post a Comment