"His name is 'Crophopper', not 'Grasshopper'" is what I just had to repeat for the millionth time. "I have no idea where the paintbrushes are."
oh god, i am doing this wrong again. i am supposed to just type what is in my head and let it just be whatever and not a structured conversation. This is why i failed in high school Speech and Comp. "I don't want to paint your face right now because then you have to take a bath." maybe he was right about night ninja and we do need a dog. Why do i have to fix the fence first? responsibility. right. i want to keep typing but he is crawling on my leg and i can't think. "i do have hands, but i am using them to type." why can't he understand that i need to do this. he is three. "Stop!" "Why" "You're messing up what I'm typing" "it looks like you are reading a story" "I am trying to type a story. Stop pressing the buttons." tap tap tap "ROAAAR I am a DINOSAUR ROOOAAAAR" "What is this for?" "It holds a key" "Like what key" "The house key" "Like this key?" "no, that is my work key." I just want to think to myself and complete a thought, anything. I want to do this so bad. "but this key is the same color as this key" "They all match the same color" "A lot of keys are the same color". So many interruptions. "I miss our kitty." "I miss our kitty too" "Why didn't he come back because he was too old" "Because he was getting old and as things age they aren't able to stay healthy." I sat down to do this project and now he is on my lap talking about pandas being related to polar bears and living on the north pole. Dad is home. He is not more excited about grilled cheese than me. Maybe now i can think. maybe now i can just write whatever is in my head. i like to dream. what exactly is in my head. i like to make up stories and pretend to live them. when i did this project in high school, i got in trouble because my stream of consciousness was too much of a story. I tried to explain that i think that way but the teacher didn't believe me and gave me a C. I didn't like that class. She didn't like my writing. I was proud of my writing and wrote personal things that deserve respect. i guess. i was such an ass hole. She was right. i did it wrong. but this is how i think. i think this way. really i do. "we are lost we are lost" "What is this" "it is a clothes hanger" "I mean what is this?" "This is night ninja" "I am right about night ninja and you are wrong" He just needs to poop in the potty. then he can have night ninja. he is trying desperately to get around this fact. "Nothing will stop me, Nothing will stop me." "You can't force me." "We aren't forcing you we are rewarding you" "You better not force me, I am right, nothing will stop me." frustration. we are all frustrated. now he wants mac & cheese. "I am just cooking dinner for the family and now that is not good enough for you." He is 3. How does he have so much control? Is this better, am i doing it right now? Is this more like people think. Am i less wrong this time? God, i hated that. I hated being told i didn't think right. what does that even mean. how can you judge how a person thinks. how do you know what is in there? "Are you mad at mom and me buddy." "yes when i don't get my way" he is mad because he wants night ninja now and not when he poops in the potty. he isn't getting his way. he just wants it now. just poop in the potty son. You can do it. "My plan is the carnivorous plant to organize and get night ninja" the plants are from his "Bot that Scott Built" book. He wants the plants to bite dad. he has a lot of trouble when he doesn't understand the rules and can't change them to get his way. he is three. "Let the carnivorous plant get their way." just try kid. you've done it before. we want you to succeed. That time you recite "i think i can" to your child hoping it will change their outlook on the situation. It didn't. can you force a child to think positively? how? I think i have to stop now. i just cannot focus. The mad genius 3-year-old makes it so hard.
oh god, i am doing this wrong again. i am supposed to just type what is in my head and let it just be whatever and not a structured conversation. This is why i failed in high school Speech and Comp. "I don't want to paint your face right now because then you have to take a bath." maybe he was right about night ninja and we do need a dog. Why do i have to fix the fence first? responsibility. right. i want to keep typing but he is crawling on my leg and i can't think. "i do have hands, but i am using them to type." why can't he understand that i need to do this. he is three. "Stop!" "Why" "You're messing up what I'm typing" "it looks like you are reading a story" "I am trying to type a story. Stop pressing the buttons." tap tap tap "ROAAAR I am a DINOSAUR ROOOAAAAR" "What is this for?" "It holds a key" "Like what key" "The house key" "Like this key?" "no, that is my work key." I just want to think to myself and complete a thought, anything. I want to do this so bad. "but this key is the same color as this key" "They all match the same color" "A lot of keys are the same color". So many interruptions. "I miss our kitty." "I miss our kitty too" "Why didn't he come back because he was too old" "Because he was getting old and as things age they aren't able to stay healthy." I sat down to do this project and now he is on my lap talking about pandas being related to polar bears and living on the north pole. Dad is home. He is not more excited about grilled cheese than me. Maybe now i can think. maybe now i can just write whatever is in my head. i like to dream. what exactly is in my head. i like to make up stories and pretend to live them. when i did this project in high school, i got in trouble because my stream of consciousness was too much of a story. I tried to explain that i think that way but the teacher didn't believe me and gave me a C. I didn't like that class. She didn't like my writing. I was proud of my writing and wrote personal things that deserve respect. i guess. i was such an ass hole. She was right. i did it wrong. but this is how i think. i think this way. really i do. "we are lost we are lost" "What is this" "it is a clothes hanger" "I mean what is this?" "This is night ninja" "I am right about night ninja and you are wrong" He just needs to poop in the potty. then he can have night ninja. he is trying desperately to get around this fact. "Nothing will stop me, Nothing will stop me." "You can't force me." "We aren't forcing you we are rewarding you" "You better not force me, I am right, nothing will stop me." frustration. we are all frustrated. now he wants mac & cheese. "I am just cooking dinner for the family and now that is not good enough for you." He is 3. How does he have so much control? Is this better, am i doing it right now? Is this more like people think. Am i less wrong this time? God, i hated that. I hated being told i didn't think right. what does that even mean. how can you judge how a person thinks. how do you know what is in there? "Are you mad at mom and me buddy." "yes when i don't get my way" he is mad because he wants night ninja now and not when he poops in the potty. he isn't getting his way. he just wants it now. just poop in the potty son. You can do it. "My plan is the carnivorous plant to organize and get night ninja" the plants are from his "Bot that Scott Built" book. He wants the plants to bite dad. he has a lot of trouble when he doesn't understand the rules and can't change them to get his way. he is three. "Let the carnivorous plant get their way." just try kid. you've done it before. we want you to succeed. That time you recite "i think i can" to your child hoping it will change their outlook on the situation. It didn't. can you force a child to think positively? how? I think i have to stop now. i just cannot focus. The mad genius 3-year-old makes it so hard.
Comments
Post a Comment